Frequently Asked Questions
Gaming in Illinois
Learn more about Illinois Video Gaming License Requirements here.
- One-time Application fee to the Illinois Gaming Board is $100
- Annual state gaming license is $100
- Municipality fees vary from municipality to municipality
- J&J Ventures Gaming will help you through all licensing fee processes
- Retail (liquor pouring establishments only)
- Fraternal or Veterans Establishments
- Truck Stop Establishments:
– Three acres of property, 10K gallons of diesel sold monthly, truck parking, and convenience store
- Large Truck Stop Establishments:
– In addition to the other requirements for traditional Licensed Truck Stop Establishments, an establishment must be located within three road miles of a freeway interchange and sell on average 50K gallons (instead of 10K gal) of diesel fuel per month.
|Administrative Share||Local Tax||State Tax||Establishment Share||Terminal Operator Share|
|7/1/19 – 6/30/20||0.8513%||5%||28%||33.07435%||33.07435%|
Local: Contact the city your establishment is located in to determine their specific laws and steps you’ll need to follow.
State: State of Illinois Liquor Licenses are issued by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC), and you will be required to fill out an application. Learn more on how to obtain an Illinois liquor license and how to renew an Illinois liquor license.
Gaming in Indiana
Gaming in Missouri
Gaming in Pennsylvania
- 42% state tax (which ultimately goes to the general fund)
- 10% local tax
- 15% to the Truck Stop Establishment
- The remainder to the Terminal Operator (less the bi-monthly regulatory assessment imposed by the PGCB)
- Be equipped with diesel islands
- Sell an average of 50,000 gallons of diesel or biodiesel each month for previous 12 months, or projected for the next 12 months
- Have at least 20 parking spaces dedicated to commercial motor vehicles
- Have a convenience store (Currently no specific requirements/description of “convenience store”)
- Be situated on a 3-acre parcel that the Truck Stop Establishment owns or leases
- Not be situated on any property owned by the Pennsylvania Turnpike
- Be licensed as a Lottery Sales Agent under the Pennsylvania State Lottery Act.
J&J Mobile App
iPhone: Leave the J&J Gaming app. On your iPhone, touch Settings. Touch Privacy. Touch Location Services. Scroll down and touch J&J Gaming. Choose to allow locations access While Using the App or Always.
Android: Leave the J&J Gaming app. On your mobile device, touch settings. Touch Location. Depending on your device and version of the Android OS, make sure all options such as Location, Location services, and Location reporting are enabled. Select an accuracy setting. Note: The names of these options, menus, and menu items can vary by Android device.
J&J is the leading terminal operator located in Effingham, Illinois. Established in 1929, we are still a trusted industry leader in Illinois and beyond. We have a large professional management team with years of street route management, as well as an experienced staff of finance, marketing, IT and accounting professionals.
J&J Gaming is the largest privately held licensed terminal operator in the State of Illinois, not to mention its sister company J&J Amusements is the largest Illinois based operator of amusement devices.
For decades, J&J has cultivated and developed a strong brand that is widely recognized by establishments and customers as one of great service, professionalism, reliability and industry knowledge.