Last Revised 9/7/2020
- Platforms. As indicated below, this Policy applies to various technologies we provide, specifically:
- Services. Including, but not limited to, when you enter into Company sweepstakes, participate in Company surveys, or participate in our loyalty program (collectively, the “Services”).
This Policy should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions of Use , into which this Policy is incorporated by reference, as well as any other applicable terms or agreements into which you might enter by using a Service.
As part of the operation of the Platforms and Services, certain pieces of information are gathered about the users (individually, “you” or a “User”). This Policy contains explanations regarding the types of information collected, what is done with such information, and how to correct or change the information. By using our Platforms or Services, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our Platforms or Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
What We Collect and How We Collect It
To ensure that we provide you with the best possible experience, we will store, use, and share information about you in accordance with this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us
Personal Information, as used in the United States privacy law and information security, is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context, such as information including, but not limited to, your:
- first and last name;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- mailing address;
- comments or messages provided in free text boxes.
You may provide us Personal Information when you:
- register for our loyalty program at an Establishment or enter into one of our sweepstakes;
- participate in one of our surveys;
- use our mobile application;
- request information.
The information that you provide in each case will vary, and of course, you may choose not to provide the Company with Personal Information. Please be aware that if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, it may affect or prevent your use of our Services.
You may register, or redeem a prize, for our loyalty program at a Kiosk at any of our participating Establishments. When you register, or redeem a prize, you may provide your first and last name, telephone number, gender, birthday, or mailing address. Once you are registered, each time you visit an Establishment, you will only need to enter your phone number into the Kiosk to log-in. The loyalty program will have its own rules regarding rewards points and how they are earned and used, so please read those rules carefully.
Occasionally, we may offer sweepstakes within the loyalty program on a Kiosk or on our social media pages. When you sign up for sweepstakes we may ask for your first and last name, phone number, gender, date of birth, mailing address, or email. Some of these sweepstakes have additional rules that will outline the sweepstakes rules and operations, so please read those rules carefully.
On occasion, provided that you have opted in, we may ask you to fill out a survey to get your input and feedback about our Services. Surveys are voluntary and it is your choice on what information is disclosed in the survey. We will use your answers to improve the Platforms and our Services.
You may use our J&J gaming mobile application to find nearby J&J gaming locations, find nearby promotions, and get additional information on J&J locations. To download and log-in to the mobile application, you must provide an email and indicate that you are the age of twenty-one or over. Additionally, you may receive push notifications in accordance with the features and policies of the application.
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
(a)Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
(1) session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser, and
(2) persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
We may use the following categories of cookies on our Website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your purchased items (e.g. a shopping cart), cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our site, browse or use our Website, and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
(c) Beacons . A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Website. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
(d)Embedded Web Links . Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
(e) Third-party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Website and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third-party websites.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested and will always provide you choices on how your information is used and what communications you receive. This Policy discloses some of these options, but you may also have other options stated in terms or rules specific to the Service you are obtaining.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing. Examples of service messages include order updates, confirming password changes, or delivery confirmations.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt-out of them at any time by following the instructions detailed in each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Text Messaging. You may have the opportunity to receive SMS or “text” messages, pre-recorded voice messages, or auto-dialed phone calls from the Company, its affiliates, and related entities as well as third parties. Such messaging may be used to authenticate your identity or mobile device, as well as provide you informational updates about services or products you may have requested.
In providing your mobile device number or cell phone number to the Company, you knowingly consent to such communications from the Company or for the Company to use your cell phone number or mobile device number in accordance with the Company’s Terms and Conditions of Use. In providing your number, you represent that you have the authority to agree to receive text messages at the telephone number that you provide to the Company, or from which you sent the text message request to us. You further acknowledge that no purchase is required to opt in to this service, and you may opt-out at any time by following instructions from the Company and as described in the Terms and Conditions of Use or first text you receive upon initial enrollment. Any such communications you receive from us via SMS or text message will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this Policy.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your Personal Information used by J&J, please contact us.
Information of Minors
We do not intentionally seek to gather information from minors under the age of twenty-one years (21). We do not target our Platforms or Services to minors, and would not expect minors to be engaging with our Platforms or Services. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide to us is collected to provide you the information and the services you request, in addition to various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting you with items such as personalized experiences, facilitation of product usage, and enforcement of Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support.
- Preventing malicious activity and providing you with a secure experience.
- Providing service and support for services you request.
- Providing marketing communications that are effective and optimized for you.
- Keeping you up-to-date with the latest benefits available from us.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Measuring the performance of our marketing programs.
- Securing our systems and protecting you and other users.
How We Share Your Information
We will not share Personal Information with any third parties except as described in this Policy, including the following:
- Establishments. We may share your Personal Information with an Establishment, in which the Establishment may use the information to contact you or for uses as otherwise described in this Policy. Establishments are not owned or operated by the Company, and the Company has no responsibility for Establishments’ actions. Establishments’ actions are based on Establishments’ own policies and procedures, so please read those carefully. Questions on an Establishment’s policies and procedures should be directed to the Establishment.
- Vendors. We may share your Personal Information with third-party vendors, contractors, and other service providers working on behalf of the Company and require access to your Personal Information to carry out those services.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party if (1) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, or court order, (2) to respond to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities, (3) to enforce our agreements, policies, or Terms and Conditions of Use, (4) to investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity, or (5) to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose such information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or Company-employee.
There are circumstances where the Company may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, the Company will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
Third-Party Websites or Applications
Your California Rights
Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Website does not track users over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when it receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Platforms and Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com, or write us at J&J Gaming, Attn: Marketing Department, 1400 S. Raney St., Effingham, IL 62401.
If you are a California consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information” as that term is explicitly defined under California law. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our Services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our Services. You may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
Access. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Personal Information our databases currently contain.
Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information by submitting a request via email to email@example.com. In your email, please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our Services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. You may submit a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
Deletion. If you should wish to cease use of our Platforms or Services and have your Personal Information deleted from our database, then you may submit a request by emailing us at email@example.com. Upon receipt of such a request for deletion, we will confirm receipt and will confirm once your Personal Information has been deleted. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
We do not sell your Personal Information. If we ever decide to sell Personal Information, we will update you via this Policy and include a link entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information,” to provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of sales of your Personal Information.
In addition, if a California resident exercises his or her rights under California law, including the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against that California resident by denying our goods or Services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
For Users Outside of the United States
Our Platforms and Services are designed for use by individuals in the United States only. We do not warrant or represent that this Policy or the use of your Personal Information by the Services or Platforms complies with the laws of any other jurisdiction. Furthermore, to provide you with our Services and Platforms, we may store, process, and transmit information in the United States and other locations around the world, including countries that may not have the same privacy and security laws as yours. Regardless of the country in which such information is stored, we will process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Changes to this Policy
How do we protect visitor information?
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. However, we can never promise 100% security. If you ever feel your information has been compromised or is at risk, please notify us via the Contact Us information section below.
Contact Us We value your opinions and welcome your feedback. To contact us about this Policy or your Personal Information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 855-921-1030.